A few posts back I noted that my father-in-law dropped off a British WWII Mosquito, which he told me to practice painting on or just trash it. Last evening I found some time to take a closer look at the kit, the box, instructions and camouflage patterns.
Sadly the kit is 99% completed, with lots of large gaps, all subassemblies installed unpainted), plenary of excess glue drips and fingerprints. My plan was to fix what I could, finish assemble and paint it up. Now I need to see if it’s even salvageable. I started cutting away sprue tabs left in place and sanding mold lines, as well as some of the larger glue bombs! I wish I had taken some “before” photos, but this is where I’m at with the kit.
There is a ton of clean-up work left before I can start the putty work. And I need to start a plan for how I want to work up the painting, as I want to tackle as much as possible with the airbrush, but there is lots that can only be gotten to with a fine brush.